Recipes..SHIRLEY TEMPLE CAKE

A light and delicious bundt, this Shirley Temple Cake will evoke the inner child in us. Full of lemon lime and cherry flavor this cake is truly addicting!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter softened
3 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons lemon extract
3/4 cup 7up
1 jar maraschino cherries 10 oz, drained and juice reserved
Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3-4 Tablespoons milk
Instructions

Preheat oven to 325.

In large bowl mix together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in your eggs and continue to mix until blended.
Add in your flour and mix again until smooth.
Pour in your lemon extract and 7up and beat to combine.
Fold in your cherries.
Grease a bundt pan with shortening, then dust it with flour.

Spread the batter into a greased & floured bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until center is set.

Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan.

Turn the cake onto serving dish and let cool slightly and then using a skewer poke holes all over the top of the cake and pour your reserved cherry juice slowly over the top making sure the juice gets soaked up. It's ok for it to seep to the bottom to soak as well.

Let cool completely.
Meanwhile mix together your glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of your cake.
Top with more cherries if desired.
Nutrition Facts
Shirley Temple Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 623 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Cholesterol 129mg 43%
Sodium 233mg 10%
Potassium 70mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 95g 32%
Sugars 71g
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 16.3%
Calcium 2.6%
Iron 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.




Filed Under: CAKE, DESSERTS, MOST POPULARTagged With: 7UP, CAKE, CHERRIES, CHERRY, LEMON, POKE CAKE, SHIRLEY TEMPLE, SODA

SUBSCRIBE
for all the latest tasty goodness

First Name
FIRST NAME
E-Mail Address
E-MAIL ADDRESS
� REFRIGERATED SUGAR COOKIESEGG POTATO CASSEROLE �
COMMENTS
PEGGY WEBER SAYS

April 6, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Ohhhhhh boy look what you did now!!! Now I am going to have to add an additional dessert to my Easter buffet. Pink Champagne cupcakes with white chocolate Champagne buttercream, almond buttery pound cakes dipped in candy coating with little flowers on top, crem brul� pots with raspberry topping, now this ? I will tell everyone it�s for the kids??. I have a feeling by the end of Summer this year I will be hauling my stomach around in a wheelbarrow from trying all your recipes. Thank you for the yummy recipe.

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 7, 2017 at 6:02 am

Can I come to your house for Easter?! Yum!!!

Reply
DEE SAYS

March 5, 2018 at 8:12 am

Made this cake last nite and we love it thank you. ??????????????????????????????????????.Dee

Reply
ANONYMOUS SAYS

April 27, 2018 at 3:08 pm

It doesn�t call for no baking soda or powder ..will it raise

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 27, 2018 at 7:36 pm

Yes! It will be just fine.

Reply
LARISSA SAYS

May 25, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Mine is! (Did)

Reply
LAURIE SAYS

April 9, 2017 at 1:55 pm

I am a fan of cherry with almond flavouring. Whenever I use cherries I always add a drop of almond into them first. Do you think that would be ok for this recipe? Plus I would use lemon and lime essential oil for the cake mix.

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 9, 2017 at 2:10 pm

I think it would be ok!

Reply
JULIE SAYS

April 15, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Are you sure about the amount of sugar? Mine ran out of the pan. Lol

Reply
WENDY SAYS

April 15, 2017 at 4:00 pm

1 and a half cups of butter? or sticks?

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 16, 2017 at 6:24 pm

1 1/2 cups�3 sticks.

Reply
ROSA SAYS

June 8, 2017 at 2:21 pm

do you use salted or unsalted butter?

Reply
CANDACE SAYS

August 2, 2017 at 10:41 am

Salted or unsalted??????

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

August 2, 2017 at 12:42 pm

unsalted

Reply
SHARON SAYS

September 7, 2017 at 2:36 pm

When baking you ALWAYS use unsalted unless it says so in the recipe.

Reply
MICHELLE SAYS

December 22, 2017 at 11:57 am

That�s 3 sticks. One stick is 1/2 cup.

Reply
TERESA SAYS

June 17, 2018 at 9:43 am

I dont know but bunt cakes usually use room temperature butter or soften only.

Reply
TKACOO SAYS

April 20, 2017 at 11:22 am

This cake is soooo relish. The only problem I had was getting it out of the pan. Had to toss the first one. Finally just made it in a 9�13 pan and didn�t try turning it out. It still stuck to the bottom, but could use a spatula to serve. Any ideas why it was sticking? I sprayed the Bundt pan with Pam and the 9�13 GENEROUSLY with Pam.

Reply
TKACOO SAYS

April 20, 2017 at 2:57 pm

How funny! I hate spell check. My comment should be soooo delish!

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm

You can try using shortening and flour next time. I�m updating the recipe to say that. Thanks for the feedback!

Reply
SHARON SAYS

September 7, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Try Bakers Joy. That is oil and flour. Works great for cakes.

Reply
MICHELLE SAYS

December 22, 2017 at 11:59 am

I was concerned about it running out, but mine rose straight up.

Reply
LINDA SAYS

April 13, 2018 at 11:28 am

Bundt pans need solid shortening or butter not spray�Mine were doing the same thing until I changed what I grease the pan with.

Reply
HOPE SAYS

April 21, 2018 at 10:20 pm

I use Baker�s Joy spray with all my baking goods and never have an issue. (Pam doesn�t work as well in my experience)

Reply
CONNIE SAYS

April 25, 2017 at 11:27 am

I made this cake exactly the way it says it turned out amazing didn�t have trouble with the cake sticking at all I give this Shirley Temple cake a 5 stars and above

Reply
KELLY SAYS

June 15, 2018 at 1:02 am

I just took mine out of the pan. I used PAM (original). I had no problems at all.

Reply
KIM SAYS

April 25, 2017 at 6:55 pm

I�m making this soon. It looks too delicious to wait! Should it be stored in the fridge or just on the counter?

Reply
KENSINGTON SAYS

April 28, 2017 at 1:31 pm

There�s no baking soda or powder�. seems a bit odd. Did anyone have trouble with the cake rising?

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm

No baking soda or powder needed!

Reply
ISABELLA RAFFERTY SAYS

June 12, 2017 at 4:21 pm

I think it was the 7 up that made it rise but that�s just my opinion

Reply
ANONYMOUS SAYS

May 5, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Can fresh lemon juice be used instead of extract?

Reply
SKYLAR SAYS

May 20, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Can you use yellow cake mix and then add the lemon extract, sevenup, and cherries after you make the mix?

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

May 31, 2017 at 10:15 am

I�ve not tried it. Sounds like something easy to try, though!

Reply
MELISSA SAYS

July 12, 2017 at 1:33 pm

I just made this cake with a yellow cake mix 98 cents at walmart i added the 3 eggs per the box directions and added the oil per box directions also but instead of water i added 2 1/2 cups of 7up and 2 tbls of lemon extract added the cherries and mixed for 5 min on medium. baked for 1 hour it is delicious

Reply
ALICIA J. SAYS

August 14, 2017 at 11:43 am

Thank you for the shortcut option. Going to make this for a �grazing� day at work next week.

Reply
J GILL SAYS

December 4, 2017 at 7:10 am

Did you still add all of the sugar to the cake mix?

Reply
ELIZABETH SAYS

August 5, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Amazing! This was absolutely delicious! My kids loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Reply
CAROLYN SAYS

October 4, 2017 at 1:04 am

This is my second Shirley Temple cake in the oven within a week�friends really love it ??

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

October 4, 2017 at 7:05 am

Awesome <3

Reply
LEOLA SAYS

October 27, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Hi im about to try the shirley temple cake now so u say use 3 sticks of butter correct

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

November 1, 2017 at 10:59 am

yes, 3 sticks of butter

Reply
JESSICA SAYS

December 10, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Does anyone know if this cake can be frozen before cherry juice and glazing? Would like to take it with me to the inlaws over the holidays and it�s a 3 hour drive so I have to make it ahead of time as I am also doing an 8 hour road trip couple days before.

Reply
ANGELICA VILLICANA SAYS

December 16, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Can you use lemon juice instead or lemon extract

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

December 20, 2017 at 8:09 am

Sure!

Reply
BRITTANY SAYS

December 19, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Can we use Sprite instead of 7up? I don�t know where to find 7up near me.

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

December 20, 2017 at 8:03 am

I would think so!

Reply
HOPE SAYS

April 21, 2018 at 10:22 pm

I used Mountain Dew tonight since I couldn�t find a 7up. It worked fine and cake was delicious.

Reply
JANET LOPEZ SAYS

January 19, 2018 at 6:53 pm

Hi,

This sounds like a cake my five year old grandson (me too) would love. I don�t see any leavening agent in the ingredient list. Did I miss it.

Thanks,

Janet

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

January 26, 2018 at 10:06 am

Nope! No leavening.

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

January 26, 2018 at 10:06 am

We�ve adapted this to be two teaspoons of lemon extract, but some do prefer two tablespoons.

Reply
ELYSIA SAYS

February 17, 2018 at 8:09 pm

I made this for my moms birthday, it was soooo delicious and moist my family loved it! I will definitely be making this again.

Reply
BETH SAYS

March 10, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Do you think you could do these as cupcakes?

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

March 12, 2018 at 8:53 am

Mmm�.I�d think that would be a great idea to try!

Reply
CONNIE L SMITH SAYS

April 8, 2018 at 7:46 pm

What kind of milk?

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 9, 2018 at 9:04 am

2% milk is fine for this recipe. Really any that you have will work.

Reply
TINA SAYS

April 15, 2018 at 5:27 pm

The recipe says bake 1 hour 30 minutes�.. is this correct?

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 16, 2018 at 4:59 pm

Yes! You may want to set it for 15 minutes less and check it. All ovens are a little different, but this is the approximate time.

Reply
HOPE SAYS

April 21, 2018 at 10:23 pm

The cake was delicious. My whole family loved it!

Reply
SANDY SAYS

April 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm

OH no! I just used regular butter not unsalted!!!

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

April 27, 2018 at 7:36 pm

I think it will be fine!

Reply
DOCTOR MOSES SAYS

May 12, 2018 at 4:27 pm

I made this and it was FANTASTIC. I did add a cup of sour cream and WOW air was soooooo moist! Thanks

Reply
SHARON SAYS

May 16, 2018 at 6:03 pm

The recipe sounds great ,but i would like to know have you tried cutting 1 cup of sugar?

Reply
JULIE CLARK SAYS

May 17, 2018 at 11:44 am

I haven�t tried that yet.

Reply
MARGOT SAYS

August 1, 2018 at 6:48 pm

I cut the sugar in half (used 1.5 cups) and I thought it came out great, but I don�t like overly sugary cakes.

Reply
THRESA SAYS

May 24, 2018 at 10:30 am

I am going to try this cake this weekend for my class reunion bbq.

Reply
TRACKBACKS
25 Easy Bundt Cake Recipes - The Gold Lining Girl says:
April 15, 2017 at 4:58 am
[�] Shirley Temple Cake from Tastes of Lizzy T. Featuring 7Up and maraschino cherries, soaked with a lemon glaze! [�]

LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published.

Comment


Name


Email


Website


Recipe Rating
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE

SEARCH...

We are Julie, Maddie, and Kinslee � a mother and daughter team here to share with you the best of our recipes. Welcome to our family�s kitchen!


Subscribe to our Newsletter

First Name
FIRST NAME
E-Mail Address
E-MAIL ADDRESS

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Easy Peach Crisp
EASY PEACH CRISP
Easy Peach Cobbler
EASY PEACH COBBLER
Danish Pastry Apple Pie Bars
DANISH PASTRY APPLE PIE BARS
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE
Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN TACOS
Tastes of Lizzy T is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link.

0 Response to "Recipes..SHIRLEY TEMPLE CAKE"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel